West Yorkshire Playhouse is recruiting Script Readers for their next open submission window in June 2015.
They are looking to build a team of a broad range of people that can bring their own diverse stories, passions and interests to the script reading process. They are keen to hear from those who have read for West Yorkshire Playhouse or other venues before, but are also looking to find passionate writers, theatre makers and audience members who they may not know or who may not have previous reading experience.
Job description: A team of 6 Script Readers, managed by the Literary Associate, will read and report back on scripts submitted during the June 2015 Unsolicited Script Window. The reading team, led by the Literary Associate, will then meet to identify scripts and writers that can be offered further development or support by the West Yorkshire Playhouse.
- Approximately 12-16 hours of reading time between 15 June and 13 July 2015.
- Script Readers will need to attend a full day shortlisting day at the West Yorkshire Playhouse on Saturday July 18. A contribution to travel costs will be made to those living outside Leeds.
- Fee: £250
- A passion for theatre and storytelling
- Fluent English
- Access to email
In the cover letter you should include answers to the following questions:
- What is your favourite play and why? (500 words)
- What are you reading at the moment? (150 words)
Deadline: Friday 29 May 2015
Source: West Yorkshire Playhouse