Women in Film & TV UK is launching the inaugural WFTV Kay Mellor Screenwriters’ Lab 2023.
This is an opportunity to spotlight and develop emerging female writers who have some writing experience and are looking to take the next step in their career to achieve their first screenwriting credit in either Film or TV, whether that is finding an agent or pitching their project to an independent production company.
This 5-day writing retreat will be an opportunity for writers to work in a focussed and supportive creative environment on one project of their choosing in a distraction free setting.
- This opportunity is for writers who are unrepresented by an Agent or Manager and do not yet have a professionally produced writing credit in film or TV.
- If you receive a film or TV writing credit during the application process or before the Screenwriters’ Lab date your application will no longer be eligible, meaning we can offer this opportunity to another writer.
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of your application.
- You must be a permanent/full-time resident of the UK, but do not need to have been born in the UK or have UK citizenship.
- If your script is co-written, it is your responsibility to receive permission from your co-writer before you submit it to the WFTV Kay Mellor Screenwriters’ Lab.
As part of the application process candidates must complete the online entry form and submit the following supporting documents which will be read by an industry jury:
- Sample script of your work (maximum 7 pages, page count does not include the cover page)
- An accompanying pitch document outlining the project (maximum 2 pages, page count does not include the cover page)
For more information and to apply, visit the WFTV Kay Mellor Screenwriters’ lab website
Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday 24th May 2023
Source: BBC Writers Room