The Whitworth is looking for two emerging artists from any arts discipline to help them shape Whitworth Young Contemporaries. You will use South Asian art to inspire groups of young people to engage with the gallery and have the opportunity to develop skills as a creative practitioner working specifically with a 15-25 audience.
What you will do:
• Using your skills as an artist, cultural producer and workshop leader you will work collaboratively with young people, gallery learning and curatorial staff to develop ideas.
• Drawing inspiration from our South Asian exhibitions and collections, including textiles exhibition Beyond Borders and contemporary work from Raqs Media Collective you will plan and deliver workshops to engage South Asian youth groups.
• Support the development of our artistic programming.
Who you are:
• You are an emerging artist from any arts discipline (e.g dancer, musician, visual artists, poet, theatre performer, writer, rapper, sculptor etc) aged 25 or under.
• Have a connection, understanding or interest in South Asian art, culture and communities.
• You have an interest and ability to engage young people aged 15-25 from all backgrounds.
• You are interested in working collaboratively, in partnership with artists and young people across art forms.
• You are able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Location: North West
How to apply: find out more here
Deadline: 7 July 2017
Source: Arts Jobs