WHQ NEEDS YOU! They are looking for someone to run their Carlisle Writers’ Retreat. Their ideal candidate will be an early career writer who is looking to branch out into teaching/facilitating, who is approachable, professional, lively and fun, and has interesting things to say about writing.
You need to be:
- An early career writer with a publishing history (doesn’t have to be a major publishing history. A handful of short stories here and there is fine).
- Able to run one retreat every month on a Saturday or a Sunday.
- Technologically literate enough to: exist on social media, update events in WordPress, use Slack, generally be aware of this new fangled Internet thing and how it works. This is essential.
- This is a freelance position.
- They pay £80 per retreat.
- They expect you to participate in some marketing outside of retreat days. This mostly involves posting daft gifs on Facebook so hopefully they’re not unreasonable about that.
- They will give you full training to set up and run one of our famous one-day, procrastination-busting writing retreats.
- They’re going to launch the retreat in May.
- If successful, you will need to attend a training day on 23 March in Edinburgh.
- Skype interviews will take place from w/c 25 February.
How to apply: email email@example.com for more information.
Deadline: 20 February 2019
Source: Arts Council Jobs