Applications are invited for the post of Writer in Residence at Putney High School, with effect from September 2015.
This is a new post which will enable the successful candidate to take creative writing to a new level in the school. The English Department is a very strong department, consistently sending girls to Oxbridge, with many other girls going on to study English at university. Our students have a real appetite for learning and a can-do approach, and creative writing is already incredibly strong in the school, with girls eager to have even more opportunities to develop their writing. This is an exciting time at Putney as September 2015 will see the opening of a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Centre.
Job Details: The post will involve 10 days per term (this time could comprise a mixture of full days/ after school depending on what is mutually convenient).
This is a fixed one year post with a salary of £5,000 per annum. The successful applicant will be able to take free school meals whilst in school.
The writer in residence will
- Work across the entire school, Junior and Senior, supporting creative writing in lessons and beyond
- Lead creative writing clubs/ workshops for students
- Maximise use of our new Performing Arts Centre
- Be ‘resident’ for approx. 10 days per term (this time could comprise a mixture of full days/ after school depending on what is mutually convenient)
- Run a one-off writing workshop for parents/ the community
- Be a champion of creative writing in our school
- Develop close working relationships with members of the English, Drama departments, and Junior School, developing writing initiatives
- Be present at relevant evening events (Poetry Festival, Junior writing showcase)
Applications are invited from practitioners in any field of writing.
How to apply: Full details of the post and how to apply may be obtained from the school website: http://www.putneyhigh.gdst.net/425/work-with-us
To apply for this post please complete and return an application form found below, along with a letter of application addressed to the Headmistress, to email@example.com.
Please also submit with your application a portfolio of around 3000 words of prose, or a selection of 10 poems
Deadline: Friday 19 June 2015
Source: Arts Jobs