For Script6 at The Space, the selected writers are:
- Daniel Davies
- Berri George
- Chris Jury
- Natasha Langridge
- Isley Lynn
- Freddie Machin
The writers on the scheme will participate in workshops and have their work staged in a festival at The Space. You can read more about the scheme and biographies of the selected writers here.
For Playwrights’ Progress with the Writer’s Guild, there were two categories of winners selected from 213 submissions. Four plays have been selected for development workshops, and another four have been cited as ‘Plays of Promise.’ The winning writers are:
The Plays for Workshop:
- The Ostrich by Kate Davidson
- Stage Irish by John McCarthy
- Chickens Don’t Fly by Rachael McGill
- Westernization by Imran Yusuf
The Plays of Promise:
- Junk by Susan Avery & Sally Grey
- Guilt by Julie Bainbridge
- The Room Inside by Jimmy Osborne
- Ninety Days by Ashok Patel
The Playwrights’ Progress showcase is scheduled for 9 May 2014 and will be open to the public. More details available here.
Congrats to all!