Shortlisted scripts will be read in a workshop situation and once the final eight scripts have been selected, writers may be required to develop or adapt their work.
They will subsequently be filmed in March 2018, by a professional director and cameraman, supported by a full student crew.
Each film will then be edited to broadcast standard and screened before an industry audience.
All writers will be fully credited for their work, retain copyright of the script and receive a professional standard showreel of the film. ArtsEd are unable to offer remuneration to writers but see this as a great opportunity for a writer to have their work developed and produced in order to showcase their talents.
They will acknowledge receipt of submissions but regrettably, due to the volume of submissions they are unable to provide individual feedback. Decisions regarding shortlisting of scripts will take place after the closing date, and final scripts will be chosen by September 2017.
What to submit:
- Each script should combine a clear, narrative arc with a degree of dramatic action
- Be of 10-12 minutes duration
- Be suitable for filming on a limited budget
- Require a maximum of 4 simple locations and not involve difficult technical set ups i.e.: long driving scenes, period settings etc.
- Tackle contemporary subject matter, both comedy and drama and be set in the last decade
- Be suitable for a cast who are in their twenties, with a minimum of 3 to 4 strong roles
- Avoid any extreme violence or explicit sexual content
- Require a limited number of older cast or none at all ideally
How to apply: please email a copy in PDF or Word format to email@example.com and remember to include your name, contact details, and script title on the front page, together with a brief synopsis and character breakdown.
Deadline: Friday 12 May 2017
Source: BBC Writers Room