The winning play will be produced and released on The Painkiller Podcast.
They hope that the repetitive nature of the competition helps to make the project feel collaborative and cyclical – like theatre.
So far their plays have been performed by actors including Tamsin Greig, Miriam Margolyes, Toby Jones, Noma Dumezweni, Jason Watkins and Jessica Barden.
- They are looking for short plays. Scripts should be 500 – 1500 words long
- Plays should be written for 1 or 2 actors only
- There is no age limit on entrants
- They are also looking for a short (maximum 50 word) synopsis and the writer’s dream casting
- 1 Play will be selected in each window
How to Apply
Next window: Monday 1st November (10am) until Thursday 4th November (10pm) 2021
Source: BBC Writersroom