The Painkiller Project is a playwriting project that runs every other month from Bitter Pill Theatre with a £250 prize for each winning play.
The winning play will be produced and released on The Painkiller Podcast.
They hope that the repetitive nature of the competition helps to make the project feel collaborative and cyclical – like theatre.
So far their plays have been performed by actors including Tamsin Greig, Miriam Margolyes, Toby Jones, Noma Dumezweni, Jason Watkins and Jessica Barden.
- They are looking for short plays. Scripts should be 500 – 1500 words long
- Plays should be written for 1 or 2 actors only
- There is no age limit on entrants
- They are also looking for a short (maximum 50 word) synopsis and the writer’s dream casting
- 1 Play will be selected in each window
How to Apply
For full information on how to submit visit the Bitter Pill’s website
Next window: Monday 1st November (10am) until Thursday 4th November (10pm) 2021
Source: BBC Writersroom