Blink. Theatre is a London-based company focused on the intimacy and ethics of human interaction. BLINK. AGAIN is a public call out for new, contemporary theatre voices for 2016/17.
The winner of BLINK. AGAIN will be shown at a community arts festival in North London in February 2017.
Industry professionals will be invited, with a view to offering the winning piece life after our initial staging.
What you get:
– A one-off staging of the selected winning piece
– A creative budget of £1,000
– Support with production, marketing and staging
– A dedicated professional support team
What to submit:
They are looking for:
– One act plays
– Approximately 1 hour in length
– Maximum cast of 5 – 1 and 2 handers particularly desirable
– Addressing relevant cultural issues
– Suitable for young adults
They are keen to receive input from all kinds of new writers, but key topics of interest are:
– place / belonging
– keeping secrets
– mental health
– racial prejudice
How to apply: Submissions can be made by via the contact page at http://blinktheatre.wixsite.com/blink or by emailing email@example.com.
All submissions should quote the following email subject line:
“Blink. Again Submission – Name”
In your message, please give the name your submitted piece, a brief introduction to your work and why you feel it is relevant to Blink. Theatre BLINK. AGAIN.
Multiple candidates may be shortlisted and applicants will be notified by the end of November 2016.
Deadline: 22 November 2016
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group