Chippy Lane Productions are on the lookout for a Writing Apprentice to join them on their next theatre project’s R&D process. If you want to know what it’s like to be part of the development of new writing they encourage you to apply.
Writing Apprentice Brief:
- This is an ITC rate paid opportunity.
- x5 full days of work in Cardiff, 10am – 6pm.
- 21st – 25th October 2019.
- The chance to work alongside award-winning playwright Alan Harris.
- Support the R&D process with a creative team that include the director, dramaturg, producer and actors.
- Learn valuable skills and gain experience working in a professional environment.
- Gain knowledge and a unique insight into working on a new piece of writing at a crucial development phase.
- The opportunity to work with Chippy Lane and become acquainted with their processes.
If you meet any of the following criteria then they would love to hear from you:
- Identify as Welsh.
- Welsh born.
- Permanently Wales-based.
They are particularly interested in hearing from ANY emerging Welsh or Wales-based writers who are unpublished and want to write for stage.
- They welcome applications from ANY Welsh or Wales-based writers.
- Please send them a maximum of two pages of the writing you believe best represents your ability to write in a theatre format.
- Please attach a separate (one side of A4 with answers to the following info):
YOUR CONNECTION TO WALES (born / based etc):
BIOG OF YOUR WRITING SO FAR(no longer than 200 words):
FAVOURITE PIECE OF NEW WRITING AND WHY(no longer than 200 words)?
WHY YOU THINK YOU WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY (no longer than 500 words)?
- Email them with your name and ‘CL’S WRITING APPRENTICE’ in the subject bar.
- Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put all your attachments in PDF format.
- They will only read two pages of script so please do not send anything more than that.
Deadline for entries: July 1st 2019
Interviews (Cardiff): August 2019
Announce Writing Apprentice: September 2019
Deadline: 1 July 2019
Source: BBC Writersroom