perpetuummobile and Nau Ivanow (Barcelona) have put a call out for the II Festival of Dramaturgy on the crisis PIIGS.
The goal of the festival is to propose the creation of five plays to five authors, born or resident in the countries members of the European Union. The subject of the plays will be the current economic, social and institutional European crisis from the point of view of each country.
Selected authors will be invited to attend the festival as writers in residence at Nau Ivanow and will be given a bilingual edition with all the participants’ plays. The organization do not cover travel expenses but will help with the formalities to get grants to cover this concept.
- The call is addressed exclusively to choose PLAYWRITERS born or resident in any of the countries members of the European Union.
- Authors who have a minimum of three published plays may attend this call.
- A total of five authors will be selected, from different countries.
What to submit: You’ll find the bases and complete information: http://piigs.perpetuum.cat/
- A proposal of synopsis whose subject must be within the festival theme and must include a description of the characters and a sample of two pages of the play submitted.
- The online registration form, all sections completed.
- Only one proposal per author will be accepted for submission.
- All documents will be written in Spanish or Catalan or English.
- The plays will be written in the author’s native language and cannot be translations of other plays. They also cannot have been published, performed or awarded previously to this festival.
- The maximum duration of the plays will be 60 minutes.
Deadline: 1 February 2015
Source: Direct contact