Applications are now being accepted for the Graeae Theatre Company’s Play Labs programme.
This one-day R&D platform provides a safe space and creative support to Deaf and disabled artists wishing to explore raw ideas and fresh stories for live performance, with artistic guidance and advice from Graeae’s award-winning team. It’s free and there’s even a budget for participants of up to £700 to cover all artists’ fees, expenses, access costs and materials.
Play Labs is open to Deaf and disabled writers, performers and theatre makers of all levels and experience, keen to jumpstart their creative processes and committed to seeing through their ideas.
What to submit: In order to apply, you will need to send in a proposal. Your proposal should answer the following questions in one document (Word or pdf).
1. Tell us about you. In a short paragraph, describe your skills and interests
2. Pitch us your project in 75-150 words
3. What is the one question you wish to explore with the Play Labs?
4. A brief explanation of how your idea will benefit from a Play Lab
5. A proposed breakdown of your Creative Team (this could be actors, a dramaturg, a choreographer etc. Please note that Play Labs are directed by Graeae’s Associate Director)
6. Show us where the Play Lab fits within the bigger development and delivery of your project
7. If you have existing material that will support your application, such as sample writing or a link to your work, you are welcome to send this in but this is not obligatory. Supplementary material must not exceed 10 pages.
How to apply: Please send your proposal, together with your CV, to Chloe Todd Fordham, email@example.com.
- Please note:
All applicants must identify as Deaf and/or disabled.
- We welcome applications from artists that live and work across the UK.
- All applicants will be informed of whether their proposal has been successful or not by Tuesday 17 May. Unfortunately, we are unable to give feedback on unsuccessful proposals.
- Successful applicants must be available to attend a one day Play Lab during the week of 20 June 2016 (exact dates and time to be confirmed).
- All access needs will be met. If you have any questions about access, or require this information in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any further questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com
Deadline: Tuesday 3 May 2016 at 12pm
Source: BBC Writersroom