Are you a neurodivergent, Deaf or disabled writer?
Graeae is a disabled-led force for change in world-class theatre, boldly placing Deaf, disabled and neurodivergent artists centre stage. Based in Hoxton, this year they are partnering with The Mercury Theatre in Colchester to deliver Writers Teach Writing, a playwriting course for disabled artists who have never had a full length play produced.
This FREE course is in-part devised, and entirely delivered, by an established member of Graeae’s Writer’s Network, Nicky Werenowska. Nicola is a multi-award winning neurodivergent playwright and associate artist at the Mercury Theatre
Participants will have the opportunity to: explore different aspects of playwriting through group discussion & individual exercises; develop a new script; present work at a studio sharing.
If successful, the course will be on the dates shown below between 10am – 2pm.
1. 9th Nov 23 – Debunking myths
2. 16th Nov 23 – Debunking myths continued
3. 22nd Nov 23 – Character & Dialogue
4. 30th Nov 23 – Place & Time
There will be a ZOOM catch-up during the break – date & time to be confirmed
5. 11th Jan 24 – Structure & Form
6. 18th Jan 24 – Preparing Work
7. 25th Jan 24 – Presenting Work
8. 1st Feb 24 – Sharing, De-brief & Next Steps
For more information and how to apply, head to the Mercury Theatre website.
Deadline: not specified
Source: Write A Play