Sanctuary Queer Arts is passionate about amplifying LGBTQIA+ voices across Scotland – they create artistic development opportunities for queer performance makers (of all ages and experience) and bring the queer community together for events, workshops, performances and celebrations. They are happy to launch this Writing Commission and Writer Development scheme in collaboration with A Play, A Pie and A Pint.
- Write a 50 minute (maximum) play for A Play, A Pie and A Pint.
- The play should contain queer themes and content.
- Ability to deliver a first draft of the script by March 2024 (exact date to be agreed) – in preparation for a read-through with a director and actors.
- Excellent written and communication skills – liaising with the Sanctuary Co-Directors, PPP administrative team and production team.
- Desire and need to be taken through a mentoring process to support a new PPP script.
- Ability to commit to the development process of a first draft from January to March 2024, with a subsequent production draft completed by April 2024.
- Aged 18+ (no upper age limit)
- Not previously commissioned by A Play, A Pie and A Pint.
- No more than 2 professional productions produced of previous playwriting – i.e. plays of 50 minutes or more.
- Identifies as part of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Currently resident in Scotland and not in full-time/part-time education.
Summary of Fees:
- An additional fee of £1850 will be provided for performance of the play at Òran Mór, Glasgow – this is the PPP license rate, as agreed with the Scottish Society of Playwrights. Further payments will be made if the production transfers to other venues as part of the PPP programme.
- Development fee – £2200 (from Sanctuary Queer Arts, to deliver the full first draft of the production).
DEADLINE: Midnight, Sunday 22nd October.
For more details and how to apply, head to Sanctuary Queer Arts Website.
Source: Write A Play