Participation, Literary and Office Administrator
Swiss Cottage, London
Hampstead Theatre is a theatre that punches above its weight.
We like stories that haven’t been told before or are told in a way you haven’t heard before. Plays where
you care about the people, where something in the soul of it captures you.
Working with the best creative talent in the business, we create progressive, thought provoking and
We are now looking for a Participation, Literary and Office Administrator to join us on a full-time basis,
working 35 hours per week.
– Salary of £23,000 per annum
– 25 days’ annual leave plus Public Holidays
– Employer’s contribution to NOW! pension scheme
– Interest-free season-ticket travel loans
– Complimentary tickets for performances
– 10% discount at Hampstead Theatre’s Café Bar
This is a rare opportunity for an individual looking to gain experience within the theatre industry to join
our internationally recognised theatre company.
Joining our Participation and Literary Department, you will be immersed in an exciting environment,
surrounded by passionate colleagues that champion pioneering and inclusive theatre.
So, if you’re looking to develop the professional skills that will lead to an engaging and successful career
in the theatre and arts sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
As Participation, Literary and Office Administrator, you will provide key support to the Participation and
Literary Department acting as the first point on contact and undertaking an array of administrative tasks.
Providing effective administrative support, you will schedule rehearsal and audition spaces, organise
reading and script development workshops and prepare scripts for participation activities.
In this vital role, you will compile and monitor data for funding bodies, whilst overseeing budgets and
ensuring good financial controls are in place.
Additionally, you will:
– Manage all enquiries via telephone and email
– Assist with the turnaround of front of house marketing materials
– Ensure the general office remains well stocked with stationary and equipment
To be considered as a Participation, Literary and Office Administrator, you will need:
– Excellent administrative and IT skills
– To be tactful, diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality for sensitive information
– Strong organisation skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– To be available for evening and weekend events when necessary
Other organisations might call this role Office Administrator, Theatre Assistant, Theatre Administrator,
Admin Assistant, PA, Personal Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary, EA, Executive Assistant, or
Webrecruit and Hampstead Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly
committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for
employment. We believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for an exciting new career as our Participation, Literary and Office Administrator,
please apply here. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services
advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Deadline for applications: 2 August 2022 at midday
Source: direct contact