Hollyoaks are currently searching for an experienced, passionate STORYLINER to join their hard-working and talented team.
They are seeking an experienced Storyliner, but will also consider experienced Assistant/Junior Storyliners, Assistant Script Editors, Archivists, Researchers or equivalent editorial roles, who are looking to move up the career ladder. However, it is essential that you have at least 1 year’s editorial experience on a continuing drama and you must be able to demonstrate the following essential skills:
- A brilliant instinct for the balance of comedy, high drama and heart-breaking human stories that define the show.
- An excellent grasp of script structure and story, both within episodes and longer narrative arcs
- The ability to work calmly to tight deadlines and to maintain high standards within the demanding environment of high-volume drama, which requires rock-solid organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a high-level of creativity and the confidence to contribute to story talk-throughs in an inspiring and meaningful way.
- An interest in keeping abreast of youth culture, and have an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories.
- Excellent written English, with the ability to write an exciting and engaging storyline to the house style.
- A good awareness of the production elements of making drama for television.
Salary is dependent on experience.
How to apply: Interested applications should apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday 9 June 2017 at close of business