Pint-Sized is looking for submissions for new shows at The Bunker Theatre, London in October and November 2017.
Each Pint-Sized showcases 5 pieces of new writing from the best in emerging talent, wrapped up with a live band playing tailor-made tracks written about the pieces involved, all with a sold-out audience and discounts at the bar.
They are committed to supporting emerging writers at every level, and for the first time they will be publishing a longlist of favourite submissions. They will offer these writers feedback and advice throughout the year, so if your script isn’t chosen for the show, you may still receive help in another way.
What you get:
- £75.00 fee paid to writers whose work is selected.
- A mentor to give feedback on your work; previous mentors have included Timberlake Wertenbaker, Simon Stephens, Dennis Kelly, April De Angelis, Lolita Chakrabarti and Polly Stenham.
- Your work staged in front of agents and literary departments from major theatres; regular attendees include The Soho, Young Vic, Bush, Royal Court and Casarotto, and work from Pint-Sized has transferred directly to venues like The King’s Head, or resulted in development meetings at major venues.
- All access requirements met.
What to submit: In their own words:
- “Pieces should be 10-15 minutes, either stand-alone shorts or excerpts from longer work.
- Only one piece submitted per writer.
- No need for pieces to fit a particular theme or genre; if it’s good writing, we’re interested in it. We’re unable to accommodate huge sets or technically complex shows, but we’ll always do our best.
- No need to sell yourself in a cover letter – we read the plays separately from your emails.
- Everything we offer is free; if you’re trying to submit and come across a page asking you to pay, you’re looking at Pint-Sized Plays, based in Wales, who are lovely and good people, but aren’t us.”
How to apply: Email your piece to email@example.com .
Deadline: 1 July 2017 at midnight
Source: Direct contact