Kali’s free writing programme for aspiring women playwrights in the East Midlands, West Midlands and London is open for applications. It is running in collaboration with Birmingham Repertory Theatre , Leicester Curve and London’s Pleasance Theatre.
Selected writers will receive:
- 3 playwriting workshops led by leading female practitioners
- Dramaturgical support to develop their 10-page submission into a 20-minute play
- A day of rehearsal with actors and director
- Two public performances of a staged reading as part of a gala showcase for industry, friends and family
- A bursary to cover travel expenses and childcare
- Access to theatre events
DISCOVERY will run from September 2018 to March 2019
It is open to UK based women writers of South Asian descent* who are eligible to live and work in the UK, and who have not had a play presented as a full production. No previous playwriting experience is necessary.
How to apply: You’ll need to send a 10-page script and a little information about yourself – full details on how to apply can be found here.
There is an introductory workshop at each venue. You don’t have to come to this in order to apply but it will be a chance to meet the team and find out more: London Pleasance Sunday 10 June 2.30pm to 5pm/ Leicester Curve Saturday 23 June 2.30pm to 5pm/ Birmingham Rep Date to follow soon.
Deadline: 24 July 2018
*At least one parent must be descended from the diasporas of the Indian subcontinent