Les Enfants Terribles are now accepting applications for The Stepladder Award 2017 in association with Wilton’s Music Hall.
“The Stepladder Award has been created to help fringe theatre companies make that next step up to become full time theatre professionals and start to earn money. This was a crucial step in Les Enfants Terribles’ growth as a company and we’re thrilled to be partnering with house and Wilton’s Music Hall to create this unique opportunity that has long been missing from the UK theatre industry.”
– Oliver Lansley (Artistic Director) and James Seager (Producer) Les Enfants Terribles
The award is open for companies with an established track record of producing work – either as part of a fringe festival or in a London fringe theatre or regional venue.
They welcome applications from companies with an established company who have worked together for several years and have mounted a minimum of two previous shows and are committed to developing their company and practice through mounting a first full tour over the next two years. Companies must be taking a new piece of original writing to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2017.
The prize offers:
- Mentoring from Les Enfants Terribles centred around developing funding applications for an Autumn 2018 tour, tour planning and delivery and company development.
- Support from house in booking an Autumn 2018 tour of the company’s production
- A programmed slot for the winning company’s work at Wilton’s Music Hall in Autumn 2017 to mount an industry showcase to support the tourbooking process
- A programme of industry mentoring
How to apply: visit the website to read the full entry requirements and download the application form.
Deadline: 26 June 2017