The Makeshift Broadcast is recording its next podcast in early May 2015. They’re on the hunt for emerging and established writers and directors to work on the creation of the show. The live event will take place in Glasgow in early May 2015.
What to submit: Makeshift Broadcast would like to read your plays, short stories, comedy routines, poetry, songs and everything in between to include in our arts podcast. We are particularly keen to see radio dramas, or any work that has a strong aural element.
Your submission should include:
- Your work for no more than 30 minutes of performance for plays / 15 minutes for other forms. They will give preference to pieces with a small number of actors required (less than 4) for its performance for reasons of technical ease.
- A brief outline of the context of your piece if it is normally longer than what you are submitting
- A brief history of your work to date and some information about yourself (this is useful for us to get a sense of your work)
Things to consider before submitting:
- This work will be performed in front of both a live audience and go out as a podcast to listeners. They are particularly interested in including work from artists who have considered the audio audience and how their work will translate without visuals.
- The work does not have to be new or previously unperformed.
- There is currently no funding in place for this project, though applications are underway and if successful, terms will be agreed with artists involved.
How to apply: Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Podcast – May”.
Deadline: Monday 13 April 2015 at 5pm
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group