Are you interested in bringing cultural history to life? Capable of reimagining stories, and repackaging myths and legends with the words and slang of today? Opal22 is looking for a scriptwriter for their Life of Shaka project.
They are looking for someone who can present a modern adaptation. This person will need to adapt a historical experience for a modern audience using today’s headlines and socio-cultural narratives of today’s working-class young people. This is a paid opportunity.
Who they are looking for?
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Proven literary ability and artistic quality as evidenced by a publication history, or history of performance and/or public outputs
- Experience of community arts programmes
- The ability to talk about their work and experiences to groups of varying sizes and backgrounds
- The ability to craft workshops for varying ages and abilities. The skill to accommodate for the varying experience levels found at community arts and grassroots level.
- Experience working with groups that may have additional barriers to engagement. For example, social anxieties, behavioural or emotional barriers.
- An appropriate level of cultural awareness
- Ideally the applicant would have a current DBS registration or the willingness to acquire this.
- Experience of editing and collating work for project outputs such as an anthology or a number of shared group poems.
- Two examples of your writing (a minimum 1x script excerpt, 1x other body of text)
- Links to any digital work
- A copy of your most recent DBS certificate
How to apply?
Deadline: 21st February 2020
Source: Arts Council England