Precious Cargo (www.preciouscargotheatre.com) are a North East Theatre company aiming to create dynamic, thought provoking theatre with a heart. They are about to go into research and development for their new show ‘Into Thin Air’ and are looking to work with three writers to workshop new material.
Into Thin Air will explore the pressures that individuals face, from themselves and others, to achieve certain personal/professional goals be it academically, personally, balancing a career and family or culturally conforming to certain criteria. Set against a naturalistic backdrop, Precious Cargo will use magical realism within the plot to highlight these themes; people are vanishing when they don’t achieve what‘s expected of them, or what they expect of themselves. Audiences will be asked to consider the pressures on their own lives and their attitudes towards them.
They’re looking for writers who…
- Are interested in the themes we are exploring
- Are interested in working in a collaborative way, with both other writers and theatre makers
- Are available for the day on Wed 23 July (Live Theatre, Newcastle)
How to apply: If you are interested in taking part in a day’s R&D with Precious Cargo, please email an expression of interest (max. 2 x A4 pages) with ‘Call Out for Writers’ in the subject line. Please include the following information:
- Your name, email address and phone number
- What excites you about the project and any early thoughts you have on the themes
- What you feel you would bring to the process
- A sample of writing to give us an idea of you style (this should be no more than 500 words, can be an extract from a longer piece and can be in any genre)
Please note there will be a flat fee of £100 for any writers invited to take part.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 9 July 2014
Source: IdeasTap Jobs page