Rame Projects is an artist-led project space on the Rame Peninsula in South-East Cornwall. Thanks to support from Arts Council England; Cultivator; The Box, Plymouth; and Plymouth College of Art, we are able to offer an art writing opportunity to respond to our 2021 programme.
What we can offer:
- A fee of £750 to respond to three artist residencies at Rame Projects between May – September 2021. This can involve 3 distinct pieces or one interconnected piece of work that reflects the time spent on this. What we are not looking for is a traditional art criticism approach, rather a practitioner who uses writing as a key mode in their wider creative practice.
- Support and feedback on work in progress from the Rame Projects directors Beth Emily Richards and Lucy Stella Rollins, and from additional artists and arts professionals.
- Online publication of your writing via the Rame Projects website and social media channels.
- Access to the three residency artists at pre-negotiated meetings.
- Ability to work from the project space at negotiated times – in line with up to date government guidelines on health and safety in relation to Covid-19. The space is located on a Cornish cliff top, a short walk to beaches and local villages. It is 12m x 6m size, and suitable for work at most scales. There is basic AV equipment available in the space, 20 chairs, and a small kitchenette including a good coffee machine and a small office workspace and library. The studio is on the Maker Heights site, where there is an amazing cafe, The Canteen, and an inexpensive campsite; making residential work a possibility.
For full details of the opportunity and of the application process, please visit: http://rameprojects.com/emerging-art-writer-open-call/
Deadline: 31st March 2021 Midnight
Source: Arts Job