StageWrite is Bedford’s annual New Writing Festival. Running since 2013, StageWrite brings you a variety of brand new plays over 1 week. All the plays are ‘in development’ and are followed by a Q&A with the writer, director and actors.
StageWrite is a collaboration between two Bedford based theatre companies LifeBox Theatre Company and No Loss Productions who got together over a beer one day and decided that it would be a good idea for Bedford to have a new writing festival.
StageWrite is designed as a platform for emerging and published writers to see their work up on its feet, in front of an audience and performed ‘script-in-hand’ by professional actors. This allows the writer to gain multiple perspectives about their work so that they can develop it further based on the feedback of the actors, director and audience members.
What to submit: StageWrite is looking for the following:
- Scripts that follow industry standard in terms of font size, layout, page numbering etc.
- Scripts of between 30 and 40 minutes in length, either a complete piece, or part of a longer piece that is able to stand alone and be coherent for an audience
- A maximum of 6 actors required – if there are more than 6 roles, it should be feasible for the actors to play multiple roles
- Stage directions kept to a minimum where possible
- Three questions for feedback after performance
- Completed proforma – see form below (this will be sent to you if you submit your script via email).
Deadline: 30 September 2015
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group