*This one’s for the directors out there!
The Old Vic are delighted to announce the Florence Kleiner Bursary which will support an emerging female Director based outside of London.
The £12,000 bursary will encompass a year-long attachment to The Old Vic, beginning with the recipient’s appointment as Baylis Assistant Director to Emma Rice on the upcoming Season 4 Production of Wise Children. Throughout the year, the recipient will receive:
- Mentoring from experienced professionals throughout Matthew Warchus’ fourth season at The Old Vic
- Invitations via the Connect network to build connections with like-minded theatre makers
- Opportunities to take part in production workshops
- Facilitator roles on Old Vic Education programmes
- Opportunities to assist on The Old Vic One Voice monologues and other supporting programming
More details: the bursary will run from Sep 2018 – Aug 2019 and theyhope it will allow an emerging female Director to take up a position at The Old Vic who, due to financial barriers or other socio-economic factors, would not ordinarily seek out the role.
The bursary of £12,000 will be for one year and will be offered for living expenses in addition to the fee for the Baylis Assistant Director and any other paid work throughout the year.
How to apply: take a look at the job description and send a CV and a one page cover letter detailing your relevant experience (please highlight any previous projects which you feel have particular relevance to this scheme) to Mirain Jones, Production Coordinator – email@example.com.
If you are eligible for the Florence Kleiner Bursary please note this within your application.
Deadline: 23 July 2018 at 5pm