After huge success as a stage production, The Scene Podcast aims to help keep fringe theatre and new writing alive, by embracing the digital audience.
Janno Media, in partnership with Get Over It Productions, seek to build a network of creatives around the podcast that offers anybody the chance to have their script made in to a ‘PodPlay’ – a tiny little audioverse.
At the end of each season, we will stage LIVE versions of the PodPlays at small theatres across the UK.
- Pieces must be no more than 15 minutes long,
- There is no maximum amount of characters but pieces must feature at least 50% women identifying speaking roles.
- Pieces to be submitted through The Scene Podcast website.
- The window for submissions will be open until midnight on the 30th April.
- UK based writers only please.
Women-led company Get Over It Productions has always been a platform for unheard narratives. This remains the case on their journey into the digital realm and from this call out they are particularly keen to read work by global majority and gender queer writers.
This is a paid opportunity.
Deadline: 30 April 2022 at Midnight
Source: BBC Writersroom