Applications are open for the rehearsed readings taking place on Monday 16th September 2013 at Theatre Exchange Birmingham.
This is an opportunity to see the words you’ve written come to life in a relaxed and supportive setting. Professional volunteer actors and directors rehearse the selected extracts for 2 hours after which they will be performed in front of an audience. Audience feedback will be given in paper form.
What happens after Theatre Exchange? Next steps for playwrights have included: full length rehearsed readings at The Edge, Digbeth; fringe productions at The Old Joint Stock; private full cast readings and work-shopping.
They are working in collaboration with Capital Theatre Festival to find a piece of new writing for this years festival (20th-24th November), this is subject to successful funding. If you would like to have your play considered for this please let us know in your application for the monthly readings.
We can’t promise the outcome of your involvement in Theatre Exchange but there are lots of people to discuss ideas with making it a great place to start.
- You may apply with a short stand alone piece or an extract from a full length play.
- If you’re interested in submitting for Capital Theatre Festival please send your full script, detailing page numbers for the extract you want to submit for the initial reading.
- Extracts limited to 8 mins ( although 10 isn’t a disaster!)
- Provide us with a short synopsis and character breakdown.
- Please include page numbers, and headers.
- Let us know what question you would like to ask the audience.
- Everyone involved including the organisers are volunteers. However, for taking part you will receive a discount card for the Old Joint Stock Theatre, use of rehearsal space and a complimentary ticket for a performance of your choice at The Old Joint Stock Theatre.
To apply: Email your script, synopsis, character breakdown and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Sunday 8th September 2013 at 6pm
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group