Iowa City’s (Iowa, USA) Riverside Theatre invites playwrights to submit monologues for performance in Walking the Wire. This annual celebration of original work features monologues of ten minutes or less by both established and emerging playwrights. The focus for this season’s monologues is: MERGE.
The theme is intended to yield an array of intriguing stories, creating a night that changes lanes through diverse topics, laughter and sincere emotions.
Submissions must be emailed as a Word document and dated by midnight CST September 15, 2013; final selections will be announced on Riverside Theatre’s website (www.riversidetheatre.org) on November 1, 2013. The monologues will be performed February 28-March 9, 2014 at Riverside Theatre, 213 N. Gilbert Street, Iowa City, Iowa.
- Up to two submissions per author of original, unpublished and unproduced monologues less than ten minutes length (please read it aloud and include the approximate performance time on the first page of your submission; all lengths of up to ten minutes will be considered, with the objective of choosing monologues of varying lengths).
- Selection considerations: Monologues should have strong forward action and a clear dramatic event or moment.
- Copy requirements: double spaced in a minimum 12 pt. font, and including the playwright’s name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Simple is best. Since “Walking the Wire” typically includes 10-12 monologues, it is important that each one require as little production as possible; set-pieces, props or effects needing set-up, strike, or special technical support may disqualify an otherwise excellent submission.
- Email submissions (Word document attachment) must be dated by midnight CST September 15, 2013. Final selections will announced on Riverside Theatre’s website, www.riversidetheatre.org on November 1, 2013.
- Writers will be credited in all marketing and playbill materials; no royalties will be paid. Walking the Wire will be produced February 28 – March 9, 2014. Playwrights are entitled to two complimentary tickets to any single performance; tickets are not transferable.
- Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline:15 September 2013 at midnight (CST)
Source: Play Submissions Helper