Theatre N16 launches DRAFT, a work-in-progress opportunity for writers to showcase new ideas and encouraging collaboration between emerging artists. The first DRAFT will take place on Sunday 17th January 2016 at Theatre N16.
How it works: In their own words:
We’re deviating from the traditional scratch night structure a little – this is what we’re planning:
- We’ll invite a team of writers, directors and actors to collaborate on 4-5 staged readings of new work in their earliest stages of development.
- Once selected, writers and directors will meet to discuss first interpretations of each extract, the inspiration behind them and questions looking to be answered from this process. Writers will then have time to make minor changes, or re-evaluate what they’re looking to achieve from a rehearsed reading.
- We’ll cast each play, and the company will come together for the first time on the morning of the event. At this point directors will be told which extract they’ll be staging and each piece will have a fixed amount of rehearsal time before being showcased to a public audience the same evening.
- If you’re a writer, director or actor and are interested by the above, read the specifics/find out how to get involved by reading our GUIDELINE DOCUMENT (Click to open).
What to submit: Before submitting, please ensure you have:
- read the GUIDELINE DOCUMENT and you understand the process involved
- downloaded and completed a SUBMISSIONS FORM (Click to download)
- clearly formatted your submission, including page numbers
It’s also important that you can attend both the Director/Writer discussion (evening Thursday 7th January) and the event day itself (Sunday 17th January) at Theatre N16 in Balham.
How to apply: All submissions – accompanied by the completed form – should be sent to Jordan Blackwood, Literary Manager at email@example.com with the subject line ‘DRAFT’ followed by the title of your extract/play. Any submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
Any questions should be sent to Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Sunday 6 December at 5pm