Submissions are now open for the 7th Theatre Breaks Festival of New writing, organised by Tiny Dog Productions.
Theatre Breaks is comprised of a series of new writing nights and will serve as a platform for theatre companies to perform their one act plays. Each show will run for no longer than 20 minutes and will be performed back to back for three consecutive nights. The festival will run from 27th-29th August at the Fiddler’s Elbow, Camden, London, NW5 3HS.
They are currently accepting submissions from practitioners who wish to participate and are looking for 6-8 productions in total. Be it a show in development, a short one act play or part of full-length completed production, all are welcome in the festival.
– Successful companies/directors will be notified by 5th August 2013.
– There will be a mandatory meeting on the 12th August, 2013 at 7pm @ Fiddler’s Elbow for all successful applicants. One person (Director/Producer) must attend from each production.
– They can only accept one submission per writer/company/director.
– Plays must be no longer than 20 minutes.
– All submissions MUST be in English.
– The event is open to anyone, no previous experience necessary and we are looking for submissions from a diverse range of applicants.
– Tiny Dog Productions will provide the Performance venue – including basic lighting and sound, a technical operator if necessary, marketing and support to directors/companies within reason. ALL aspects of casting, rehearsal and direction will be the responsibility of the applicant.
– Directors/companies will be required to provide all set and costume.
For more information, visit the Tiny Dog Productions website.
How to apply: Please send submissions to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 1 August 2013 at 5pm
Source: BBC Writersroom