TreePress is looking for playwrights to come on board and help us develop our platform before their public launch later this year.
What they’re looking for:
- Innovative and original scripts: something a bit different
- Plays that were written and developed by you, either through a commissioning process or on your own
- Work specifically developed for young people, where large casts are a big bonus
- Playwrights (full time, part time, hobbyists or teachers) who may be small now, but are looking to share their work with more people
- Great production photographs that bring your shows to life
How it works: In their own words:
- You provide your play to be listed on our site (we’ll take it in any format, with any style formatting! Hardcopy, PDF, word, smoke signal…)
- We prepare your script for listing (this involves including the descriptions, cast list/size, production photos and more)
- We market your play to schools, community theatre groups and anyone in need of a script for a large cast
- Customers order and pay through our checkout
- We deliver a customised script (with leading digital rights management protection) to each buyer
- We let you know when and where your play will be performed
- We pay you (in addition to providing monthly statements for reporting and tax purposes)
Costs: TreePress runs a commission based business model, with yearly subscriptions to access more features and lower rates. There is a standard 25% commission rate per sale throughout the entire testing and beta phase.
In recognition of your early support, once TreePress has made its official public launch, Beta adopters will receive one-year complimentary access to Premium Account features, and 50% off their second year.
How to upload a script: Scripts can be uploaded via their website.
Deadline: None posted