Warner Bros. Discovery, Wall to Wall and the Royal Exchange Theatre are looking for 5 stage writers who want to break into TV, to take part in the Writers Exchange Programme.
During the programme, a unique package of workshops and bespoke development opportunities will be offered. Successful writers will work towards writing a one-hour TV pilot script, giving them the opportunity to experience the collaborative process with the support of a professional Script Editor. In addition, the writers will be offered two one-to-one meetings with a Dramaturg from the Royal Exchange Theatre, where they will have the opportunity to discuss their stage work and receive expert advice and feedback.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Currently reside in the North of England – defined as Yorkshire and Humber, North-West and North-East England.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not have any screen credits at the time of applying.
To be selected for the programme, applicants will need further demonstrate through the expression of interest and writing sample that they:
- Have a distinctive voice and a drive to tell ambitious stories that will connect with a wide audience.
- Have an interest in writing for screen and a commitment to forging a career as a writer across media.
- Would tangibly benefit from the opportunity of structured support and a bespoke developmental journey.
Deadline: 11:59pm on Monday 8th May 2023
Source: BBC Writers Room