20:20 Vision explores the current mindset of ‘Generation Y’ through comissioning new 10 minute plays by young writers aged between 18 – 30. Utilising the vast space of The Old Theatre Royal Bath, plays will be set site-specificallythroughout the venue, taking the audeince on an exciting journey. The festival will take place over 8 performances during the last week of the Bath Fringe and 10 new plays are required. New writers are especially welcome to apply.
Plays/ writers must fulfil the following criteria:
- YOU MUST BE AGED BETWEEN 18 – 30
- YOUR PLAY MUST BE 10 MINUTES LONG
- YOUR PLAY MUST HAVE NO MORE THAN 3 CHARACTERS
- YOUR PLAY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE EASILY STAGED IN A VARIETY OF SITE-SPECIFIC ENVIRONMENTS
- YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE A CONNECTION TO THE CITY OF BATH (NOT ESSENTIAL BUT DESIRABLE)
How to submit: email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- YOUR NAME, AGE AND CONNECTION TO BATH (IF APPLICABLE)
- YOUR IDEA (250 – 500 WORD SYNOPSIS. THIS SHOULD INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO: PLOT DESCRIPTION, CHARACTER BREAKDOWN, THEMES AND CONNECTION TO THE TERM ‘GENERATION Y’ )
- AN EXAMPLE OF PREVIOUS WORK (NO MORE THAN 3 PAGES)
- NEW WRITERS MAY SUBMIT UP TO 3 PAGES OF ANY MATERIAL THEY FEEL COULD SHOWCASE THEIR POTENTIAL
*YOU MAY SUBMIT AN EXISTING PIECE, PROVIDED IT HAS NEVER RECEIVED A SUBSTANTIAL PROFESSIONAL RUN*
Deadline: Monday 10 February 2014 (successful writers will be expected to submit a 1st draft by 31 March.
Source: Arts Council Jobs page.