Almost Random Theatre is seeking four outstanding 10 minute plays to be put on in Oxford in February 2015. The play must be no more than 10 minutes long and require no more than three actors.
The theme of the competition is ‘Valentine’.
What to submit: A ten minute play on the subject of ‘Valentine’, as well as a very short synopsis of the play and a brief writer’s bio.
Please also note that:
- They can only accommodate very basic sound/lighting. No sets or ‘effects’.
- One entry per playwright is permitted.
- Plays entered must be submitted in English. Musicals and dance pieces are not eligible
- All plays must have a reading time of 10 minutes or less. This will be strictly enforced.
- Plays are to be written by a single playwright, excluding partnerships or committees.
- The play must not have been staged, read through in public or been published before.
How to apply: Please be sure to read the full competition rules and regulations before applying.
Please note that all plays are judged blindly by ART staff. The playwright’s name must not be written on the title page or anywhere within the play. Instead, please include a separate page with the title of the play, playwright and contact phone number
All entries must be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be in a Word document
Deadline: 25 December 2014