Doughnut Productions is calling out for scripts for its new writing night based on the seven deadly sins.
Doughnut’s artistic director Kate Austen says: “After the sell-out success of our previous new writing showcase Trapped, we intend to put on three performances of seven short plays in Doughnut Productions unique Swivel Seat Theatre format.
“There are many permutations of the seven sins, so to clarify, the titles we will be using are: Pride, gluttony, sloth, greed, envy, wrath and lust.
“We will pick the plays based on the quality of writing and your ability to understand and use the swivel seat theatre format to its strength. Please visit our website to find out more about our setup: www.doughnutproductions.co.uk.”
The performances will be showcased at the Cockpit Theatre Marylebone in September 2017.
What to submit:
- No more than 4 characters per play
- No longer than 15 minutes per play
- Feel free to tackle more than one of the seven short plays
- Feel free to use the same characters across multiple plays
- Make sure you visit the website and fully understand the Doughnut Production Swivel Seat staging concept
How to apply: Please don’t forget to put your name and contact details on the front cover of the script otherwise your script will not be considered. Please send scripts to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1 April 2017
Source: Direct contact