The TriForce Creative Network Writers Incubator in association with Creative Skillset has launched aimed at looking for six people to nurture who are serious about a TV writing career.
They say they are “determined to open up the routes of access for new talent.
“Tangible and outcome focused, The TCN Incubator is a fantastic scheme to take you to the next level.
“Whether you’re already an established ‘jobbing’ writer wanting to create your own project or you’re brand new and desperate for your voice to be heard – you do not need to be represented by an agent to enter.
“The TCN Writers Incubator is a fully supported opportunity giving you as a creative all the tools and opportunities to succeed, as well as providing direct access to fresh, developed new talent for the industry as a whole.
“The programme is supported by Creative Skillset’s HETV Levy.”
- No age, class, ethnicity, restrictions. Building on the success of a writers initiative WriterSlam, they are asking for people who can show some experience in writing, but they’re quite flexible about what this might be. You might have had a TV development commission, have had a play script or short film script produced, or had a reading of your script with actors. This can be something you’ve produced yourself and it doesn’t need to have been a paid job – they’re keen to get the most excited and driven, not necessarily the most experienced.
What you get:
• PAID Development commission with TriForce Productions
• 1-to-1 Mentoring on scripts, pitches and personal goals
• Personal ‘Facilitation Fund’ for travel, child-care, carers’ allowance etc…
• Industry professional led workshops and seminars throughout the year
• Direct connections and introductions to decision makers and commissioners
• Guaranteed push of project/s to numerous broadcasters & commissioners
• Support and knowledge share with other ‘incubees’
• Raising of profile within the industry through press and exposure
What to submit/How to apply: Please read the FULL details here. You will need to submit:
- A 15 page extract from a TV drama or comedy script
- Your CV (including details of any writing experience)
- TWO further ideas as pitches of 500 words each20 writers will be invited to a workshop day on Saturday 1 April in London so you can meet the other writers and Triforce can meet you. Over the course of this day interviews will decide the shortlisted 6 writers.
Deadline: Tuesday 7 March 2017 at 23:59
Source: BBC Writers Room